VN - Ren'Py - Ripples [v0.7.0 Public] [Jestur]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Bara_Leo

i enjoy the storyline till now, after that the render of 3dcg is the best. for the music background match with the ambience of story. the detail when to past is good.
    I can't wait for the next update of the ripples :love::love:
  2. 4.00 star(s)

pv7

Having just finished Episode 7, I can wholeheartedly recommend Ripples. Its story is captivating, the character models are impressive, and the animations are exceptionally well done. However, it is not without its flaws.

The narrative follows a fairly basic time-travel premise, which caught me by surprise as I approached the game with no prior knowledge. Despite its simplicity, the plot is engaging, filled with intriguing mysteries, and never feels forced. The characters are enjoyable, both in their personalities and in how well they are modeled. Yet, the true highlight of the game are the animations. While there is obviously still room for improvement, they are among the best I have encountered in a visual novel of this kind - highly detailed, expertly crafted, and superior to what is found in 99% of other top-rated VNs.

Now, onto the negatives. Though not overwhelming, there are some aspects that could benefit from improvement. One of the weaker elements is the writing, which, while generally solid and never prompting the need to skip, occasionally feels lazy or, in one instance, poorly executed. The "lazy" scenes occur when the game adopts a rather stereotypical approach: every girl is inexplicably infatuated with the protagonist, every joke lands perfectly, and the player character is depicted as the ultimate, coolest, greatest chad.
    These moments feel like a teenage power/shower fantasy, with women existing solely to adore the main character, the only exception being the punk girl - but only because she isn't straight. One particularly poorly executed scene occurs during the visit to Riley’s. This encounter feels really rushed and underdeveloped. You go to her, she tells you she betrayed you. She then tells you, you shouldn't trust her when the topic of the USB-Stick comes up. Then she tells you, you should trust her. The only option to continue her path is if you go "sure, you put me and my family danger but it's all cool now". Then Sex (arguably a great scene but still). I was honestly perplexed because my first instinct was to obviously not trust the person who just betrayed me. However, refusing trust abruptly ends the Riley path.

This leads to another significant issue: the lack of multiple paths or meaningful decisions, which removes any incentive to replay the game. Different choices either funnel back into the same outcome or simply skip over scenes that are part of the "correct" path. Lacking a certain item doesn’t alter the story; it merely omits a scene and eventually grants the item anyway. Saying "no" to a character ends that narrative thread entirely, skipping scenes without creating a new branch. The only substantial difference in player choice seems to be whether or not one pursues the Skylar route, with everything else being highly linear. In fact, the linearity is so pronounced that when checking text messages, selecting the bottom one first often causes confusion, as it references events that haven’t yet occurred in the top option.

Another point of critique is the limited interactivity. While you can use your phone, there is no real function beyond aesthetics. There’s no option to chat, call, or otherwise engage with the system meaningfully. Personally, I think the phone system from averywellknownfraternityVN would suit this game well, with chat and call functionality for present-day interactions, and SMS or voicemail for the 1999 setting. However, this would likely conflict with the streamlined storytelling approach.

Despite the negative tone of my review, this stems from my genuine fondness for the game. Ripples has tremendous potential, with its engaging characters, outstanding models, fantastic animations, and intriguing story. Yet, these strengths are slightly undermined by its flaws. While I don’t know the creator’s vision, from my perspective, a story-driven time-travel visual novel like this would benefit greatly from prioritizing multiple paths and meaningful choices. Nonetheless, I’m eagerly anticipating future updates and new content.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Username78945

Absolute masterpiece.
    The attention to detail is everywhere, in the animations, places, positions, dialogues, story, music, sound effects, characters, character development, and much more until all culminates into a deep immersion (which to be honest is even quoted in a meta dialogue inside the game itself).
    It's a must play, don't let the cover deceive you as the plot may as well go way above your head, fantastic game.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

marseilyes

Hey teenagers,

This great game will delight you. If you’re into fantasy and science-fiction productions like Dark, Back to the Future, or Stranger Things, you got it all here then, who needs any more imaginative nonsense?

If you like being teased by slutty sexy female characters, get ready for some wild adventures where every female character you meet will drool over you, no matter how dumb you are. You’ll quickly discover that every love interest is, let’s just say, an easy catch (slut). So you won’t have to worry about the hassle of picking up girls or popping their cherries. Thanks to the Devs, almost all they’re set and ready to go. They’ll even share examples of their past “hot” experiences with you. And the best part? You don’t need to convince them that their colorful past doesn’t bother you; the developers have taken care of that for you. Just keep pressing the spacebar.

No need to stress about whether they’ll be upset if you reject them. The developers are too busy to create scenes about love pangs or rejections. So don’t worry, there’s no room for resentment because it simply doesn’t exist.

Feeling clumsy, stupid, or like a wannabe? Don’t worry. You’ll feel the same way in this game too, but this time, the girls will fall for you precisely because you’re dumbass. And if you manage to collect enough “assertive” points, who knows, you might even get the chance to feel like a real man once in a while.

Don’t let the chance of squeezing, bouncing, fondling, flicking, licking and tweaking tits slip by. Come on. You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today.

Don't take my sarcasm to heart, you'll really like this game.

Hey guys,

TLDR: Life is short. Don't.. Not worth it.

First off, let me quickly go over the things I liked about the game. Even though it borrows elements from other titles, the game is built around a solid story. This general framework mostly helps keep the developers in check, preventing them from randomly throwing in scenarios that could weaken the narrative, like "What should we make the main character do today?" or "Which character should he interact with now?" While some scenes and dialogues drag on with unnecessary details, I have to say the game is pretty engaging.

Now, I can't say the same for the camera angles, but the renders and animations are surprisingly close to top-notch quality. This is probably the best part of the game. I wasn't particularly impressed with the character models, but I wasn't disappointed either.

You quickly realize that our main character is basically a boy trying to act like an adult. I don't want to offend the writer, but it feels like a 14 or 15-year-old who wants to seem grown-up is doing the talking here. His constant need to prove himself and his attempts to come off as charmingly goofy start to get old after a while. On the other hand, all this childish perspective of the main character creates a strange contradiction with the dialogues on some technical issues in the narrative (anime fandom, computer knowledge, music taste etc).

Even though the game offers plenty of choices, it doesn’t really give the players any real say. The negative options are basically meaningless. It’s like, if you want to see something, pick the positive response; if not, well, you’re out of luck. There are plenty of love interests, but only a few actually lead to more intimate scenes, so you're basically directed (forced) towards relationships with certain characters.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Even though the game as it stands seems to deserve a solid 3.5 stars, after my frustrating experience, I just can’t bring myself to give it three or four stars.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Bobolkich

Ripples is easily competing for the title of best VN on this website.
    Love the story, the characters and the Arts. I'm waiting for each update more and more every time. A few variations depending on your choices but still you feel invested in the story.
    Can't wait for then next update <3
    Keep the awesome work!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

I just cannot say enough good things about this AVN and I am sure there is nothing new I can say that has not already been said, but I just did another playthru and I just feel like I need to add my praise.

I could probably nit-pick the story, but generally speaking it is a well thought out, planned and fun story. There is humor, tension and some drama. It's a time travel story, and while this is an overdone trope, this one does it really well and spends more time on the relationships then trying to explain the science.

The MC is fun and smart but is also filled with doubt and makes mistakes along the way. He is no Gary Stu and that is a welcome change. All the LIs are also smart, funny and great to look at and I appreciate how unique each of them are.

It is also the best Honey Select production out there. I have no idea how the dev gets the high quality renders out of HS as well as creating unique looking characters. Yes, I know, it's HS so all of them are similar, but somehow the dev does a great job distinguishing them.

The only negative is there are just way too many LIs. The dev does a nice job making them all relevant to the story, but for example, Krystal is one of my favorites and you see her a lot at the beginning, but then she kind of disappears. OH! And I hate the whole hidden MC face...

Regardless, I could on and on about how great this AVN, but at the end of the day it is a fun, sexy romp and I am sad every time I get to the end. If you have never played it, you have to download it and give it a try. You may not like it, but you have to at least download it and give it a try.

Thanks to the Dev for a wonderful little AVN.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

styani

This game easily deserves to be classified as one of the best. There are few games that can compare to the animation, story, and QA of Ripples. In terms of animation, I would easily place it in the top 3. And during the scenes, the dialogue and animation work together and flow naturally.
    The story does make you think about where it is going to go.

As you play along, it's hard to guess what direction they are going to go with things. The QA also deserves recognition because I don't recall a single instance of noticing bad grammar or spelling. While it isn't the most critical aspect of a game, running into grammatical or spelling errors throughout a game does tend to kill the immersion, and I don't recall ever running into a scenario like that for this game.

I think you're doing yourself a massive disservice if you're not checking this one out.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Praeceps

This game does just about everything well. The animation and character models are great. The storyline is intriguing and dark. The relationships are fun and full of life. The sex scenes are varied and interesting. The music is good. My only complaint is that I get through each update too quickly because I binge play it.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

bonsnowvi

This plays like a standard harem VN, but because of an excessively large harem, every character is extremely dull. Neither MC nor any of the girls in the harem have any unique or interesting qualities. You drift between scenes with different women, almost always a scene with a new woman. Some women might get multiple scenes with MC if they are lucky, but these will be spaced across what feels like hours.

The result is that each woman is (maybe intentionally?) written to be as simple and basic as possible. Each woman fits the following criteria, and has no other characterization:
    1. A one-word character archetype ("shy", "punk", "mom", etc.)
    2. Inexplicably horny. Like, comically horny. And because MC has no interesting qualities either, this is even weirder.

Drifting listlessly from boring woman to boring woman will sometimes be broken up by a plot dump. When this happens, the plot guy shows up, takes MC to the plot place, and explains plot to him for a long time. There is not a method of writing that could get me to care about the plot less than this.

The game has some positives going for it:
    - It didn't crash
    -

Overall I can't recommend this to anyone, and I struggle to imagine who the target audience is.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

MakkAnzy

To start, I have to say that I have a hard time connecting with HS games. Eternum, after initial reluctance on my part, was the only exception to this rule. That is until my buddy convinced me to try Ripples 0.7. I admit I had trouble getting into the game at first. But I persisted, and boy am I glad that I did!

The Story is really well written and very cleaver. It is lighthearted and funny but with the perfect amount of Drama to keep you interested.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The LIs are beautiful and will grow on you quickly. They were very well written and I find myself always want to get to know them better. Therefore, it is hard to choose a favorite but If I must, I'd say that I favor Scarlet and Skylar a little more than the rest of the girls.

The HS renders are very good quality and the game runs smoothly with zero issues that I found. I was particularly impressed with the animations, and the music was spot on.

If you were hesitant to try this AVN, I suggest you take the plunge and stick with it. You will be pleasantly rewarded.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

FakeTemplar

Okay, this game is absolutely amazing! Overall the story is quite lighthearted but it can get serious (not realistic, serious) when necessary.
    The humor is good, nothing like making you laugh more than half of the game but enough to give you some chuckles and it definitely made me keep a smile most of the times.

- THE GOOD THINGS
    - The characters visuals for the women are really good. It is pretty diverse and, while I'm not some Honey Select veteran player, I can say that it was hard to see characteristics from other game characters, which is definitely a good thing when talking about HS games.

- The characters personalities are also really enjoyable and it was hard to not like some characters at least a little in my experience. Some will say that a good chunk of the characters are generic archetypes, which wouldn't really be wrong, but this didn't made them feel any less enjoyable to me. All of them were handled good by the dev imo.
    The MC is above average in the personality area and he can be a really courageous fella if you do the correct choices, but hadn't really done something that made me regard him in the same level as some of the better protags in other games, but he's still cool (and he really shows his courage in the 0.7 update)

- The animations are TOP NOTCH is this game, holy shit. This is definitely my best point along with the premise. From the small presentation scenes down to the action and sex ones, all of it shows the effort made with HS.

- The sexual content is really good, with buildups that lead to some really sexy scenes. As said above, the animations for the sex scenes are perfect.

- The premise of the story is really interesting, and the mystery surrounding it makes me really feel excited by what will happen in the future updates.

- THE BAD THINGS / Despite all my praise, there is a bad thing (naturally, nothing is perfect)

- The amount of LI's are probably the biggest bad gripes I have with the game. It is just TOO MANY. This is mostly subjective, but it can hurt some character developments later on.

I think that is all, if I forgot something I'll add later (I feel there is a bad point I'm forgetting, but my brain isn't braining after writing all that). My final rating would be a 4.5 but I'm settling for 5.0 stars in the review, if only because the problem about "too much LI's taking up character development time" is not something that's actually happening right now (too much).

If you're reading this, I recommend you try this game, it really is a good ride! If you're looking for a good premise, I assure you this game has a pretty good one. If you're looking for a sexy time, I have good news to you, THIS GAME ALSO HAS IT!! (One of the best, I'd say)

Stand proud Jestur, you're making an amazing game and I wish you the best in your work!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Mr_Stubbs

This game gets better and better with every update!

Intriguing story and great visuals with top-notch animations.

Lots of cute and sexy girls for every taste.

Definitely one of the best representatives of HS games on this website.

Strongly recommend not to miss this masterpiece and give it a try! (y)
  13. 5.00 star(s)

StrawberryCheese83

"Ripples" is not just a virtual novel; it’s an immersive experience that will ripple through your emotions long after you've finished playing. From its intricately woven narrative to its beautifully crafted characters, "Ripples" manages to capture the essence of human emotion, connection, and the profound impact that even the smallest actions can have on the lives of others.

Narrative Brilliance
    At its core, "Ripples" is a story about choices and their consequences, a narrative that elegantly explores the butterfly effect (Timetravel) in a deeply personal and philosophical manner. The storyline masterfully blends elements of drama, romance, and mystery, drawing players into a world where every decision carries weight, and every ripple alters the course of the narrative in meaningful ways.

The narrative pacing is exceptional, balancing moments of quiet introspection with intense emotional crescendos. The writing is poetic and poignant, often leaving players with lingering thoughts and a desire to delve deeper into the meaning behind each dialogue choice. The themes explored—love, loss, redemption, and self-discovery—are universal, yet handled with such care and nuance that they feel fresh and impactful.

Character Depth and Development
    One of the standout features of "Ripples" is its character development. Each character is meticulously designed, with rich backstories, unique personalities, and believable motivations. The protagonist (YOU), in particular, is a wonderfully complex figure, whose journey is both relatable and compelling. As players navigate the choices presented to them, they will find themselves deeply invested in the fates of these characters, feeling a genuine connection to their joys and sorrows. I love that.

The relationships in "Ripples" are portrayed with a rare authenticity, capturing the nuances of human interaction with a depth that is seldom seen in virtual novels. The emotional bonds that form between characters are organic and evolve naturally over time, making the outcomes of your decisions feel all the more significant.

Visual and Audio Mastery
    Visually, "Ripples" is a stunning work of art. The character designs are not only aesthetically pleasing but also imbued with subtle details that reflect their personalities and inner struggles. The backgrounds are beautifully rendered, with each scene contributing to the overall atmosphere of the story. Whether it’s a serene lakeside at sunset or a bustling city street, the visuals serve to immerse players fully in the world of "Ripples."

The soundtrack deserves special mention. It is hauntingly beautiful, perfectly complementing the emotional tone of the narrative. The music ebbs and flows with the story, heightening the impact of key moments and drawing players deeper into the emotional undercurrents of the plot. The sound design, too, is top-notch, with ambient sounds and effects that further enhance the immersive experience. Awesome.

Gameplay and Replayability
    While "Ripples" is primarily a narrative-driven experience, its interactive elements are thoughtfully integrated and contribute significantly to the overall engagement. The choices presented are not always black and white, often requiring players to think carefully about the potential outcomes. This adds a layer of strategic depth to the game, making each decision feel consequential.

Moreover, "Ripples" boasts a high level of replayability. With multiple branching paths and endings, players are encouraged to revisit the story to explore the various possibilities and outcomes. This not only extends the lifespan of the game but also enriches the overall experience, as new playthroughs can reveal different facets of the characters and story.

Emotional Impact and Legacy
    What truly sets "Ripples" apart from other virtual novels is its profound emotional impact. This is a game that doesn’t just entertain; it resonates. It challenges players to reflect on their own lives, relationships, and the ripple effects of their choices. By the time the credits roll, you’ll find yourself contemplating the story's themes long after you’ve put down the Mouse.

In conclusion, "Ripples" is a tour de force in the world of virtual novels. It is a game that transcends its medium, offering an experience that is as emotionally powerful as it is intellectually stimulating. For those seeking a narrative that will leave an indelible mark on their heart and mind, "Ripples" is not to be missed. It’s a masterpiece that will undoubtedly ripple through the annals of VN gaming history.

BIG OLE` 5 STAR!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Sikesquad

Great VN all things considered. You may find some things to be nitpicked if we wanted to go deep but all around the execution of the story is nice, dialogue is good and characters in general are well fleshed out. But please give the MC a male friend or something. It feels like the MC is the only decent male in the universe.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Willy1975

Oopsie!

Although I'm not a big fan of Honey Select games, this one along with Eternum is great. I'm a sucker for time travel stories, and this one has kept the mystery going for me.

The characters are all well written. They are either cute, adorable, funny, or all of them at once.

The lewd scenes are all well done, with animations. The music and sound effects are also nice. There are enough lewd scenes to keep the happy fapper happy.

I recommend this game to anyone who wants a story focused game, with a sci-fi twist.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

LoneRanger96

I've only found this visual novel not long ago and it's already one of my favourites. The story touches on one of my favourite subjects: time travel. Time travel is interesting from both scientific and philosophical standpoints, both of these sides appear in the story, giving the protagonist choices. And how do you explain to your best friend that it isn't a fantasy?

The people the protagonist meets are both fun and interesting, all of them have their own backstory. Their models are great, as well as their animations. A lot of work went into this, as there's even a few custom animations during the story. (Such as Skylar riding her skateboard and showing some tricks on it, that one was very smooth)

The sound and music are great too, they fit the story and background. The phone ringtones are an absolute classic, they hit quite hard, very nostalgic.

Darcy has got to be one of the most funny and badass girls I've seen in a game like this. Tough as nails, loyal, hot tempered but still has a soft side of hers you can explore.

The protagonist is relatable as well, he's got his quirks and weakpoints, we all do. But the writing is funny, he does care about the people he meets and does truly want to help. It's not easy losing someone, and because of the time travelling, it might even feel for him like he's losing someone each time he goes back in time.

There's mystery, there's humour, there's sexy times, there's nostalgia, there's a well written story, there's emotion, there's good times.
    I'm eagerly awaiting the next episodes, so far I've been loving them. I'm interested in knowing where it goes, what happens to the people the protagonist has met, and if the mystery can be solved. There are choices you can make in the game, I am curious to see if the choices I made have consequences in the end.

This visual novel deserves the 5 stars. It's high quality, a lot of time went into it, a lot of passion went into it. And it shows. Hell, I now want to step into a time machine as well, the 1990s are my home :)
  17. 4.00 star(s)

sabadongelov

Review as of version 0.7.0 BETA.
    TDLR: A quality game that has some annoying and repetitive tropes and flaws that prevents it from being top tier.

Pros
    • Nice looking models for LIs: An older version of honey select, however very competently handled and a personal preference of mine (last bit is of course not an objective pro).

• Very well made animations, both for sex scenes and other scenes.

• Good background, good graphics in general.

• Good Sound, both music and sound effects.

• Male MC taller than most women. A very low bar many games struggle to clear. However, also typical for Honey Select, so maybe not because of Devs effort, still, credit, where credit is due.

• MC fit, sometimes even seems a little muscular. Ladies like that, however, see below.

• MCs face never shown. This isn't in itself a pro, but since so many male MC faces are goofy and ugly, not showing the face at all is preferable to that.

• Good dialouge, manages to create erotic tension, something many mediocre devs fails to do, and keeps down the amount of banal and pointless conversations that plague lesser games.

• No engrish.

• Well written plot. Total rip off from the German Netflix show Dark, but nwm, porn games can be excused for "stealing" from mainstream media. The idea of time travel between now and 20 years prior is also a very interesting plot idea for an incest game, which this is. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the MC is the father of basically all his LIs in present time...

• Choices matter, and the player accrue points for both the MCs characteristics (assertive/passive, dominant/submissive, deviant, harem and so on), as well as love, lustpoints and so on for the LIs. Some choices leads to more or less content and small branching paths. Unclear if there is any way to affect the main story/plot however.

• Humour, usually right amount, meaning not to much and not to silly. However, there are exceptions when it gets to much, as examplified towards the end of this review.

• Incest slow burn carried out well. While the mom and sister might be a little bit too quick in feeling attraction to their son/brother, the slow burn incest attraction is well done and progressing at a slower pace than most other LIs which is fitting. Alos captures the feeling of corruption in a good way, though a bit to reliant on mindreading (see below).

Cons
    • MC looks a a bit thin and has that narrow shoulders look that many honey select males have. Probably my nitpickiest con though.

• Almost all men but MC either evil or pathethic or both. Tired trope, typical of harem games. This game takes it up a couple of notches though, with more than half of men in the game being rapists, cheaters, wife beaters and the like. It is also heightened by female characters in the game complaining of all the misogyni and sexism they have to face at all times. It is almost as if the game was written by a bear-loving feminist, if not for MC being a secret sleeze bag too (more on that further down). Also, not only is it annoying when every man is portrayed as evil and/or pathethic, the same scenario plays out over and over again, like the MC having to fist fight with a LIs boyfriend or ex to save her from the boyfriend/ex who is about to beat her. Just like real life, where 99 percent of men are evil psychopaths and the remaining 1 percent get into physical fights with the other men on the daily in order to save all the damsels in distress that keeps falling in their laps and on their cocks. :KEK:

• LI sob stories galore. Many of the LIs have sob stories, not the least connected to all the evil men that they are exposed to (boyfriends, husbands, fathers and the like). Another harem trope that gets tired quickly. Does the MC have to play the white knight to every woman he meets? Made worse by the few bitches that are encountered having their bitchiness explained by some sob story meant to make the player feel sorry for them before they are transformed to nice girls. In contrast, no man is ever given any sob story, the men are just evil to their core.

• Timid white knight simp MC. While the game has a lot of choices, these choices are mainly of the variety "wrong choice = no LI point and right choice = LI point" and the right choice is typically being nice and kind and understanding and giving compliments left and right (way, way too many of the compliments are about the womens looks). On top of that, the MC very rarely takes any initiative of his own, it's always the women coming on to him, or, at the very least, telegraphing a mile away that they want him to come on to them. As the final insult, he is overly careful and deferential when having sex, to the point of it even coming of as patronising at times. Example: two women have seduced him in their shop and has initiated a dare session that ends with sex on their suggestion. As the shyer of the two is settling down in front of him to suck his cock, after having masturbated openly while watching the other woman suck his cock, the MC tells her she doesn't have to suck his cock if she doesn't want to. Like, dude, if there is anyone who should be asking that question, it's her that should be asking you. :HideThePain:

• Despite white knight simp, MC is still a sleezy asshole. Because he can't keep from playing the loving boyfriend to be to multiple LIs at the same time, while also fucking even more on the sly. Now, this inconsistency in moral character isn't itself bad, people can be like that, but the game/MC doesn't acknowledge his moral inconcistency and no one points it out to him.

• MC oogles way to much. My second nitpickiest con. Still, it is done too much and, as far as I can remember, is always well recieved by the woman he's oogling (meaning you get lust or love points from the LI), including his own mom. In reality, while women might like that men they are sexualy interested notices their "assets", far from all like it when the man is oogling. Also makes his otherwise simping ways more pathetic.

• Women fly to the MCs cock. While the MC is kind of charming in a low key way and has a fit body (if a bit scrawny and narrow shouldered) and a huge cock once his clothes are removed, there's really not that much about him that can explain why virtually every woman he meets wants to jump his bones, apart from him not being quite as evil and pathetic as all the other men in the game. Remember, he is doing very little to seduce women himself, it's them throwing themselves at him.

• Lost opportunity for good netorase. So, the MC is constantly taking women from other men, either their husbands, boyfriends or, ex-husbands and ex-boyfriends. But each and every time, the boyfriend/husband/ex is explained to be a cheater, rapist, criminal and/or wifebeater (or in one case, a cuck who enjoys being cucked). I guess this is to not disturb the (false, see above) squeaky clean image of the MC. But at the same time, it removes all the tension around stealing another mans woman, which means it doesn't work very well as netorase, at least not for me. And if you're going to do it like that, why even give half of the fuckable women in the game boyfriends/husbands?

• Lost opportunity for impreg. There's usually (not always) a choice to come inside. Most of the time however, the woman will have told the MC it's ok, because she's on the pill or it's a safe time (rembember kids, there is no such thing as safe times, only less risky times). As I pointed out earlier, I'm guessing the player at some point will get an opportunity to impreg the LIs (otherwise the lost opportunity is even greater, isn't that kind of the point of the time travel shenanigans in an incest romp where the MC is fucking the mothers of his current harem-girls right about the time that they were conceived?), but considering the amount of unprotected sex the MC is having, it would have been much better if there already were thoughts, feelings and conversations on the risks of pregnancy in those cases where there for instance is no pill of "safe time". I mean, it is perfectly fair to not have any of that in a game at all (but not an incest time travel game like this), but in that case, it is very unnecessary to almost always give the player the choice of cumming inside as well as bring up things like pills and "safe time" in like half of the sex scenes.

• Mdom handled poorly. Game is tagged as mdom and the MC can accrue both assertive points and dominant points, but as pointed out, MC is mainly a timid white knight simp and much of the mdom is of the type were the woman tells the man that she wants him to dominate her and he complies. The few times where he actually can and does take controll it feels out of place, since it goes against how he is otherwise portrayed. Either the simping should have been tuned down a few notches (you don't have to be a simp for women to find you attractive, in fact, it probably helps not to be) or the dialouge and thought processes should have been changed slightly depending on how many assertive/dominance points vs how many passive/submissive points the MC has accrued. On top of that, there is a sex scene gated behind being submissive, which means the game more or less forces the player to at the very least be a switch, if not willing to loose out on sex and points with a particular LI.

• Mindreading, meaning we get to read the thoughts of other people than the MC. Fucks with first person immersion. I understand that this makes it easier for the dev to convey what other characters are thinking, feeling and reacting, but it is somewhat of a lazy crutch. You can achieve the same thing without having the player mind read other characters than the MC, not the least, the dev could have the MC muse on what he thinks the other character is thinking, feeling or reacting, based on facial expression, body language, tone of voice, and, of course, what the other person is saying and doing. You know, like in real life.

• Stabby Mike from Caribdis games makes a cameo. It is quite obvious that Jestur is, to say the least, inspired by Caribdis games. Having Stabby Mike appear in a scene further confirms this. It is not good, especially as Stabby Mike is a very silly and cartoonish character that reduces the seriousness of the game. I'd rather not see that kind of fourth wall breaking in games, especially not in the more serious minded games with serious stories and plots such as this one. There is still plenty of opportunity for a bit of humour here and there without going totally overboard with a 100 percent silly interaction.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

jamesyoo

Currently playing the second chapter, the animation is very good.
    The story text is too verbose.
    The female characters are like nymphomaniac, and the protagonist only
    disappeared for a short night, which is like the end of the world for these women.....
  19. 5.00 star(s)

hanumania

I have bought about 50 vns at this point, and played maybe 150-200.
    this is easily in my top 10, and remains one of the few vn's i don't delete to make space.

Great characters, cinematography, actually beautiful models and prolonged scenes as opposed to 2-3s loops. awesome animation and physics. and, i shit you not, an enjoyable story.

when i get some extra coin i'll be buying this one too. great job creators, real art here. and hot.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

GreggoryLove

Easily one of the top 5 games on the site. Many different types of girls. Different attitudes, body types, and each has a distinct personality. The adult scenes are sexy as hell and the animations are top tier. One of my favorite games. Support the Dev cause this game is worth it.