Unity SuperPowered 2 [v0.02.00] [Night City Productions]

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes

arelor

Oct 6, 2017
it's every 3–4 months. so we'll likely get to the same level of content as superpowered 1 when mankind launches its first space colony.
I have been gone for so many months and came back only for superpowered with a hope that it got updated but nah lol

pbam

May 22, 2018
I have been gone for so many months and came back only for superpowered with a hope that it got updated but nah lol
iirc one of the main reasons for remaking the new superpowered in a new engine was to make it easier to make/add stuff. it's still a bit early but judging from the updates so far it really doesn't seem that much different from the old game in amount of content added per update. it's supposed to be easier for the dev, but just this much content for 4 months is kind of small. he's supposedly still "setting up" the mechanics afaik, but it really feels like he doesn't want to make superpowered, but instead wants to concentrate on his other game more. like he got burned out with the first 2 iterations, heck this game aside from graphics feels like an outright downgrade in some respects compared to the first. we joke around about the pace of content releases, but we will literally get GTA6 first before this game even gets to even 10% of the content of the previous game. its crazy slow.

haugl2000

Apr 7, 2018
any recommendations for a game like superpowered? where i can control girl do slutty thing that a common thing, and i can sell girl do a prostitution :)

memelman

Nov 18, 2017
Is it any more playable than it was a year ago? Or still near impossible to advance?
You actually don't really need to advance at all, for the most part. The character generation right now is very generous. Once you know what you need (and more importantly what you don't need), you can create a character that can do most of the content that is currently available pretty much right off the bat. And two well planned characters can access all of it.

The real problem is the lack of content. I assume once more content is in, including more of the ways to develop your character, the char gen will become much less generous and the grind will become very very real.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
You actually don't really need to advance at all, for the most part. The character generation right now is very generous. Once you know what you need (and more importantly what you don't need), you can create a character that can do most of the content that is currently available pretty much right off the bat. And two well planned characters can access all of it.

The real problem is the lack of content. I assume once more content is in, including more of the ways to develop your character, the char gen will become much less generous and the grind will become very very real.
What % of content from superpowered 1 is here? If I just want to see the content do i just play SP 1?

memelman

Nov 18, 2017
What % of content from superpowered 1 is here? If I just want to see the content do i just play SP 1?
They have entirely different content. SP1 is a great game to play with a lot of content, and I would recommend it. It encourages you to explore and try out the different options on the game to find new content. The main caveat being that it is grind heavy like all of this dev's games.

So depending on how much the grind bothers you, you may not enjoy the experience. There is a cheat mod available that you could use if you really can't stand the grind, but I would caution against just cheating up all your stats, as that can sometimes break things or skip content. I would recommend just using the cheat mod to give yourself extra currency and resources when you don't feel like grinding for them, and using those currencies to increase your stats and gain powers in game. Maybe also raising a single skill by 1 level at a time if you also are having trouble grinding the exp to raise it.

If you are just looking for content, I would hold off on playing SP2 until it has more meat on the bones. Maybe another year or two. Right now it isn't that much more than a tech demo showing off how some of the mechanics will work. So right now it is mostly for people that are curious how the game is developing and how the mechanics will work.

Last edited:
Reactions: taler
1.80 star(s) 10 Votes