The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Can anybody give a short review about Poser 12? Is it good for creating adult games?
If you can't answer that question I wouldn't really get it. Better to concentrate on Daz where all the content is, all the tutorials, etc. And Blender.

Poser at this point is more of a curiosity imho, old and probably still somehow interesting for how they structured it, but not really something I would get to get started with creating content for adult games.

EDIT: I have to add: I actually don't know myself really how Poser could be useful, I never used it. Which is kind of why I posted this bundle and find it interesting, gives the option to buy it for relatively little just to give it a try and see if there is anything useful about it still.

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
If you can't answer that question I wouldn't really get it. Better to concentrate on Daz where all the content is, all the tutorials, etc. And Blender.

Poser at this point is more of a curiosity imho, old and probably still somehow interesting for how they structured it, but not really something I would get if I planned to create content for adult games.
Completely agree. Poser is rather outdated. Their chars (either V4/M4 or La Femme/L'Homme) are far below genesis character. And the amount of available resources is rather low.
Daz can use most Poser assets, but the opposite is not true.
AFAIK, a few features are better in poser. For instance, some importers are better (like fbx IIRC) and can be a good way to get foreign assets in daz. But otherwise daz (or blender) should be your preferred tool.
Besides that, if you are somehow interested in Poser, the offer is not bad. The current version is Poser 13 that was issued a few months ago and its official price is $250 (rarely discounted above 20%). So $23 for Poser 12 is a rather decent proposal.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Some good and bad news from renderosity

The bad news
Their discounts are rather meh recently. Generally 40-50%/60%prime. Haven't seen a 70% discount in a dog's age.

The good news
Previously, whenever a sale included a prime advantage, the items where coupon blocked to avoid any stacking. As their current policy is to almost exclusively offer sales with an extra discount for prime members, the final result was that the sales were incompatible with coupons for everybody, making coupons completely useless.
They recently changed this behavior and now all the temporary sales can be combined with coupons. :)
And here are two coupons usable by anybody:
  • 20%off, requires a minimum purchase of $25, multiple uses (I think), valid till Wednesday 20240723TUEWED
  • 15%off, single use, valid till 08/19 COMMJUL2024

And if you want to explore their few current offers

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020

This round of Daz Freebies currently features a G9(F) Character, Hair, Outfit and Poses

Reactions: OhWee

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
The current sale must be relatively good. They changed the Blowout sale from yesterday so you can get an additional 10% off with any of the new items. And they also have a sale for the new Genesis 9 Face Controls (which is also useful to have actually) which gives 20% off of all(?) Genesis 9 compatible items.

If you have 8 tokens you should be able to get some pretty high discounts on the items in the Blowout sale this way, there are plenty of bundles in that sale as well. I don't have any tokens so I can't really test how high the discounts go.

And 65%+20%+tokens in the PA portions of the sales should also not be too bad I guess.

EDIT: I wanted to add about the Face Controls thing: last time they released a custom PA one, and then like a week later they released their official Face Controls. So just watch out when buying this, the official one will not necessarily be better, but it will end up being the more standard choice for everyone (also it will probably be free and just added to the starter content).

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Well, if you had tokens and spent them all to get the Face Controls yesterday, then I am sorry I made you do that, because today you can get even better discounts. Especially if you can still buy the Face Controls.

Otoh if you didn't have any tokens, then you now have some. I would consider waiting a day still though because I assume the promo of today will still be available tomorrow.

The selection of items that you can get for 80% (70% + 10% with any new release) off is pretty big, but if you only look at the Genesis 9 items (for which you can get an additional 20% with the Face Controls) it shrinks a lot. Still, plenty of stuff to choose from, including several bundles.

I assume the PA sale is about to start soon, and that one was pretty good last year. So if they repeat it the same way, I assume ~88% for PA items is what you can expect for the next month or so.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A new flash coupon at renderosity 20240731MIDWK 20% off till Thursday (tomorrow) , requires a $35+ purchase.
Stackable with almost all sales.

The main problem is that rendo sales are terrible presently. And $35 is a high threshold.

But maybe you can find something interesting

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I actually thought the PA sale would have started now, but it didn't. I do kind of expect the sale they had last week is kind of what they would do for the PA sale as well.

Btw. when I said you can expect 88% off of PA items then I meant with tokens of course, and I also forgot about their change to the tokens so that you only get 30% off instead 40% when buying PA items, so I guess it should actually end up being less then 88% even if the sale ends up the same as last year otherwise.

But the actual reason I am posting is... another Unreal Humble Bundle!

6c87a0073c5bdb8fa90ef9fcb91adb41fdb01db1_png.png

It's ok: those assets are quite old. EDIT: let me retract that, they're not that old. First time these guys are making a humble bundle as far as I know, so unless you bought them before you should not have any duplicates (The Bazaar was a freebie once).

But, it says this:
IMPORTANT: Due to upcoming Unreal Engine Marketplace changes, please redeem your bundle codes within 10 days to avoid redemption issues. To learn more about these Marketplace changes, please click
That's kind of exciting. It means the Unreal Marketplace is finally going to be switched to their new Fab marketplace. Which hopefully comes with a new client to manage your assets. Which I hope will be good cause my god is the epic launcher slow.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
There's a number of concurrent sales at Daz3D.com right now. There may be stacking opportunities, I'm seeing a bit of discount stacking in Lightning Deals atm.

I'll leave it to y'all to figure out if there's anything interesting going on sales wise.
:p

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I haven't spotted any general stacking opportunity, but there is a very good wishlist sale.

Extra 50% off* up to 3 Wishlist Items
Or an extra 75% off‡* up to 5 Wishlist Items with any " " New Release
Use Coupon Code: 50-ON3

75% off is very high and if you have some wishlist items already at 50/60% the final discount is 87.5/90% off. There is a buy-in, but the "book" new releases include some cheap daz+ assets. Very good deal IMO.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Dreamlight has launched a new store

Some freebies (but most are already at renderhub, I think) and ~20 items with very aggressive discounts as most assets are at $1.99 (~90% off).

Not a big fan of their products, but YMMV. And the discounts are good.

Last edited:

jkjyuio

Jan 23, 2022
Dreamlight has launched a new store
Thanks for the info. unfortunately, nearly all the items so far appear to be HDRIs. And most of those are HDRIs of other assets, which isn't very useful. Some of the rocky/rubble assets are useful to me, but they are not (yet) on the site. Will check again.

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

Well, that didn't take long :censored:
Looks like the 'usual suspects' grabbed it before it went inactive though...

Daz's new 'IP skirting' strategy seems like a course change from previous years. Sure, we've had 'this is not a celeb lookalike nudge nudge wink wink' for years, but Daz had been mostly staying away from copying IPs directly.

I'm sure this new strategy is making them a bit of cash for the short time that said products are available, even with the 'editorial license' or whatever they call it these days, but yeah it's a bit more brazen.

In the meantime, a number of vendors continue to transition over from Renderosity. I'm sure those vendors are getting new interest in their 'older' products as they become 'new' again over at Daz3D, good for them, but I have to wonder how Renderosty has been faring since waves of vendors have decided to not remain Renderosity exclusive anymore.

So today's Daz Day sale has two freebies (one has a coupon code), and the legacy discounts seem to be bleeding over into Lightning Deals, so it might be worthwhile to watch those for deals.

Last edited:

SvenVlad

Modder
Aug 11, 2017
Looks like the 'usual suspects' grabbed it before it went inactive though...

Daz's new 'IP skirting' strategy seems like a course change from previous years. Sure, we've had 'this is not a celeb lookalike nudge nudge wink wink' for years, but Daz had been mostly staying away from copying IPs directly.

I'm sure this new strategy is making them a bit of cash for the short time that said products are available, even with the 'editorial license' or whatever they call it these days, but yeah it's a bit more brazen.

In the meantime, a number of vendors continue to transition over from Renderosity. I'm sure those vendors are getting new interest in their 'older' products as they become 'new' again over at Daz3D, good for them, but I have to wonder how Renderosty has been faring since waves of vendors have decided to not remain Renderosity exclusive anymore.

So today's Daz Day sale has two freebies (one has a coupon code), and the legacy discounts seem to be bleeding over into Lightning Deals, so it might be worthwhile to watch those for deals.
Today's sale is quite good indeed. And finally another sale with gift cards. o_O Just in time also, I have, like, $10 left

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote