Ren'Py - The Null Hypothesis [v0.5b] [Ron Chon]

1. 5.00 star(s)

vlksvk

Great game. Top notch art and dialogues great as well.Girls imo are looking much better then in rogue-like:evolution. This is not just a simple copy of a game that already exists. I am suprised how good the story is. Great potentional, hopefully the devs will keep working on it for a long time. Cant wait for more content.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

cannavaro99

wanna let the devs know that this game is amazing and i'm hooked- spent the whole day on this. no regrets. this is amazing and i spent the whole night tring to get down on x-23. the art is amazing and the writing is really good.
    please let more kinks in in the next versions!
    all the best
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Squidward J. Q. Tentacles

"The Null Hypothesis" is a sandbox game that explores the interactions between the player character, a male protagonist, and various female X-Men members including Jean Grey, Kitty Pryde, X-23, and Storm. Developed by Imaginary Realms Studios, the game blends elements of open-world exploration with narrative-driven interactions in the mutant-filled universe.
    The game introduces an intriguing premise, allowing players to navigate the dynamic relationships within the X-Men world. The sandbox format provides players with the freedom to explore iconic locations like the Xavier Institute, the Danger Room, and the bustling streets of mutant-populated cities.

Graphically, "The Null Hypothesis" is visually impressive, capturing the essence of the comic book world with vibrant colors and detailed character models. The sandbox nature of the game allows for a diverse range of activities, from honing mutant abilities in the Danger Room to engaging in epic battles against iconic villains.

In conclusion, "The Null Hypothesis" presents an intriguing concept, blending sandbox exploration with narrative depth in the X-Men universe. With its engaging characters, visually appealing design, and potential for a rich storytelling experience, the game has the opportunity to captivate fans of both the X-Men franchise and open-world gaming.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

NullKilla

I think this has an extremely high amount of potential. The art is amazing, the amount of outfits is crazy, and the choices the Dev has taken differentiates it from its inspiration. I personally Love Rogue-like and this changes it up a little bit while still delivering on most of the core parts. Is it just strictly better? No of course not, for one it only has to meters instead of three so instead of a girl getting more submissive OR getting more lecherous you can only really make her more lecherous. Also characters cant all be made submissive BUT that may be a good thing if you want Jean Grey to be a Dom or whatever. The Dev is already talking about refining the core game-play loop to be less grindy because of player feedback, which is a great sign!

If you like rogue-like give this a try, if not, maybe still do if you like the art-style.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Ghostofanti

Honestly one of the most refreshing and exciting up and coming games out right now. The art is fantastic, and the writing is enjoyable enough for the game. I like how to story is progressing and appreciate the work on so far.
    Really excited to see this go somewhere.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Yarrokan

This is a very fullfilling game for a version 0.2.
    Everything from the UI to the backgrounds feels incredibly smooth. Girls are amazing both in character and appearance. Writing left me wanting more. Dev team made an incredible job overall and they are very active at discord server too. I really do hope they get the support they deserve.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

throwaway489

Honestly just a fun game, it's similar to the other X-men game but the art/gameplay are better, and this one has an actual story. Need more X-23 content to be fully satisfied. This game also did the impossible, make me like Jean Grey.

The quirk system is interesting, and it makes the girls more unique than they are in most other similar games. Only recommendation is to add more dialogue throughout, even just simple comments during events, and It would be near perfect. As it is, I'm just nitpicking.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

gollo0815

A lot of content and good graphics. A bit grindy, but there are already changes to the amount of grind required anounced.
    Will be interesting to see if the devs can continue to provide content on that high a level moving forwad.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

JoylessFire

So far, I'm enjoying it! I liked Rogue-Like but it did feel like it got a bit clunky and disorganized. This feels a bit more fleshed out with a better base structure to start with and build up from. I have encountered a few various bugs with the UI and the settings you can toggle on/off. Namely when you toggle the show/hide UI and then try to leave the options page it broke for me. Even when I went to toggle the switch again to try and fix it, nothing changed and I still couldn't navigate. There are also some actions that auto-forward time that I don't feel should forward time. It can make it harder to do much in the game before nightfall, but its still a great mechanic otherwise.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

desolate sharidan

The best dating simulator I've ever played, this game is everything I ever wanted from Roguelike and more.

So, should you play the game? Yes, I can't think of a single reason for anybody here not to try it out, unless you really dislike dating simulators, but even then this game might be the one that changes your mind. The artwork is gorgeous, the characters feel alive and animated, the interactions are engaging, and the story is fantastic!

This game is so polished and well-made, alot of effort has been put into it, and I'm so thankful for that. I'm so excited for the next update, and finding out which direction they will go with the game from here on.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Phnx

This feels like the game Rogue-Like should have been. As of version 0.2b there is not as much content in the game as is in RL 1.4e, but what content there is is a lot more than was in RL 02. Compared to RL TNH feels different yet similar, obviously. I think the writing is quite a bit better or at least more believable than RL's. There's also more backstory to the MC and even character customisation which is neat. Compared to RL the characters feel a little more like people with their own will and not as much like playthings as they do in RL. And the game also tries to create an environment that is not inhabited only by women. As of 0.2b there are two male characters besides the MC that are not only represented by text but by actual graphics, which makes the game more believable as well. I like the art a lot as well. It is more detailed than RL and there are also more animations.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

thecube2

Even as a version 0.2 this is one of the best dating sims and even one of the best erotic games that I've played. It looks great, the writing is really really good and all the characters are very unique and likeable. Came in with low expectations after playing Rogue Like and holy shit was I pleasantly surprised. 5/5
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Cursed89

This might be the successor to Oni's game if done well so far many good reviews.

This game has truly exceeded expectations, delivering an exceptional gaming experience that leaves me eagerly anticipating future updates. The developers have created a virtual world that captivates with its engaging storyline, impressive visuals, and seamless gameplay. Every detail, from the intricate character designs to the immersive environments, reflects a commitment to quality.

What sets this game apart is its potential for growth. The current content is already fantastic, but the promise of more updates adds an exciting layer of anticipation. The developers' dedication to enhancing and expanding the gaming universe is evident, and it leaves players like myself hungry for what's to come.

The prospect of additional features, levels, or narrative arcs creates a sense of ongoing adventure. It's not just a game; it's an evolving experience. The thought of new challenges, characters, or twists in the storyline generates genuine excitement. In a gaming landscape that often leaves players wanting more, this title stands out as a beacon of promise, and I can't wait to see how it evolves with each upcoming update. It's a testament to the game's staying power and the developers' commitment to delivering an enduring and enriching experience.

Cant wait for more updates keep up the good work!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Vvsttannat

I wouldn't lie if I stated this might just easily be in the top 5 best games on this site. It's taken a well-known concept (already developed quite decently in Rogue-like: Evolution) and has carried it to a whole new level.

Let's get the obvious out of the way: it's visually stunning. There's very clearly been a great deal of attention paid to the character design, going not only by their physical appearance but also their expressions and the great deal of clothing they sport. Not only the characters, but the scenarios too; every background exudes the care put into it.

Luckily, the good points don't stop at the surface level.

There's been a couple of erotic games that I've truly enjoyed for their story: some had interesting premises even if the execution was flawed, others were pretty mid but still entertaining.

Ever played one of those old, somewhat cheesy VNs (I'm looking at you, Love Hina) while being a wee lad that were full of overly dramatic lines? Well, fuck me sideways if this game right here isn't the most endearing thing I've played in a while.

No shade on Oni: Rogue-like: Evolution knows what it's about and it does that pretty good, but it's goofiness and the lack of a proper story besides "You're addictive to sexy mutants" sometimes make it difficult to take it seriously.

This game is beautifully written and every character is worthy on their own right of being in the spotlight. It has distilled the essence of each of these comic book icons in the perfect way.

Honestly, the way the game reimagines the X-Men mythology might even make it better than the comics, minus the obvious smut. The fact that there are explicit mentions of mutant students getting killed (among other rather brutally honest depictions of violence and psychological trauma) gives a gravitas to the whole plot and setting that comic books sometimes lack. This game goes hard, and the way it handles its characters is just heartbreaking; most of them (including the protagonist) have gone and will go through some hard shit and that kind of vulnerability adds a level of depth that 90% of the other games on this site can only dream of.

My only regret is having found this game so early in development. It's clear it still has a long way to go; even then, it's not only playable but you can enjoy some good dozen hours before it starts getting repetitive due to a lack of fresh content. I can only hope this gets finished one day.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

steve johns

5/5, Laura wants to use you freely, Rogue is the southern belle goth sub of our dreams, and Jean has a little brother complex.

There's an actual story, the characters feel like more than cardboard cutouts, no typos, and an amount of grind that adds length to the game without *feeling* like grind. The dates are cute and advancing in dialogue is satisfying.

Looking forward to more stuff to do in the sandbox and maybe Ororo in the future
  16. 5.00 star(s)

dante_magician

Excellent X-men-themed game with well rounded character, I enjoy every character personality and kink. The main story is well written, the art direct is cool and hot at the same time . Highly recommended.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Favvy

Fun, interesting and not overtly kinky, just a damn good game with a surprising amount of customisation! Looking forward to seeing what future updates bring, the creator seems very active so I have high hopes that there will be more to come.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

phillibuster

I thoroughly dislike this game... for not having known about it all this time.
    It is fun, entertaining and compelling.
    The characters are fleshed out and developed, they grow and change.
    The story is enjoyable and captivating.
    The artwork... is simply stellar.
    The options you have in what to do and where to go are diverse. The mechanics are a bit tricky but it's good and gives you things to learn about it. I had not finished my first playthrough when I was already planning to do a second.
    My one issue is how easily the girls were persuaded to share. But that's not a slight of the game in any way. The characters feel so real that it felt a bit off that they'd be so willing to let me have a harem. Which is not to say I didn't want to or that I don't like it. I'm just saying... it's too good for its own good?
    The devs went above and beyond with the game.
    I suppose the only problem is that I can't wait for more.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Nevermind_1979

A brilliant game inspired by another great game. The sandbox/vn elements are spot on. Art is superb, characters are unique and adorable. Please continue, will closely follow further development. 10/10
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Awaubackhomeaccount

The creator is very direct when he says this game is inspired by and based on the formula of rogue like, but it's a understatement to say that this an amazing upgrade regarding the storytelling and imersion on the universe.
    It's grindy, yeah, but it also brings a good pacing with wide variety of dialogue to make every grind a new way of seeing into the characters relationship development, which makes the progression way more natural. Been a while since i have seen a game in here that makes me just sit back and see how the story itself unfolds, overall it's a very fun game, worth supporting. Hope to see more of it in the future.