HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
Game is very intriguing and I do enjoy it. Like other people here, I'm not a fan of puzzles that require the player to use outside knowledge/Google to solve. I hope your future puzzles are either skippable or solvable by the game's hints/lore.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
ra n gi ku.gif
Sweet. Some obscure goddesses MC gets to pledge to for this starting point in the story.
Not particularly sure what interest a cult of same goddess MC pledges to,
or the long time acclaimed goddess of love would have in MC,
seeing as MC is aimless and undecided, looking for something pretty meager,
but the ruthless tongue tie and actual foot from murder moments in the office
just tell of the unreasonable unreliable narrator MC is to himself, to his babes and to us.

Those -cut your wrists and curse your blood- clothes and eyeliner speak volumes of the mayhem MC is.
Monster was Mary putting it mildly.
In the middle of actual spell casting by the foes, MC is strangely bare and bland,
no wonder the power players are totally unimpressed.
ge ts u ga.gif
Looking forward to actual rituals for the goddesses, the embrace of fellow worshippers,
actual BANKAI manifestation or some sort a power play,
vasto.lorde.gif
Ichigo would not refuse his VASTO LORDE transformation and chicken outta fight to the death.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020
It feels like a bit of both craft and art, to varying degrees in various moments, but that's beside the point. I'm not refusing to implement it in order to preserve the art, I'm doing it to conserve my vision and deliver the experience that I want to deliver. And no, I have nothing against people using mods--more power to you. Once it's out the door, it's no longer in my hands.

I feel like, judging by some of the responses here, people take this design decision as a personal affront, like I am witholding something they are rightfully owed. I assure you, that is not so.

I will try to be firm without being rude. This is my choice and mine alone. I am the designer for this game and I know it best. I know my vision, I know what I want the game to be. I respect your freedom to disagree with this design choice and to mod your preferred name in at your earliest convenience, but I don't like the attempt to pressure me into something that goes against my design intent.

This is one of my favorite shots in the game, and something that would be impossible with a changeable name.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I usually hate using "don't like it, don't play it" as it's incredibly cheap, but I feel it's appropriate this time. Even if you mod the game, shots like the one above will have the original name in them. If the name Caleb evokes such unpleasant feelings, I really think the game isn't for you. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Brother, I don't really care about the name I'm just grateful that monogamy is an option

and I can reject who I want but can you do something about the puzzles like a skip option it's hard for me

because of my reading disability, I can't really spell without software to help me

PS I'm glad that somebody else who loves dangerous women as I do

especially when you earned the love of a dangerous woman there are some of the most loyal people you'll ever meet

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
That's pretty much the mindset over this site. "Do things for me or you're wrong"
Well, it's definitely the mindset of the noisy minority, I'd agree. As you go around the various threads the same names crop up all the time, doing the same crap. As I'm sure you've seen. Once I started adding them to my ignore list they become more obvious as you get that little red alert telling you that someone you've ignored has posted something. Sure enough one of the more prolific trolls has popped up on this thread.

But the dev has put out an interesting good quality game, with lots of options for different play styles. Also put their foot down and been clear, it's their game and they'll develop it the way they want to. So far so good. But the next stage of entitlement is demanding the next update and dissing the dev if it doesn't come when they want it. Whilst it's always nice to get a regular fix. I'd rather have the quality maintained over a rigid update schedule.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Finished playing for the first time and ending up really loving this. Love what potential the combat and investigation segments will bring. I don't entirely mind the puzzles requiring outside knowledge or searching online, but I do think they would be much more interesting if clues could be found from just playing the game. Not entirely surprised there has been an uproar about the name, don't know if there is significance to the name "Caleb" itself, but there clearly is significance to there being only a single name. Maybe I am missing background knowledge since I am not familiar with a lot of the influences and while I appreciate not getting infodumped with stuff, would've liked some clear explanation about how magic works and some of the factions.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
o no.gif
For real, Caleb:
Use your sword, brah, now is not the time to pull your punches.
a no.gif
What is with this punching bag mentality?
It was you who was driving the scenes a long minute ago.
1681276573949.png
Chasing tail is all good and dandy if and when it ends. You were friends then, keep it light and funny.
Only way to do that is even the power play differential. David used a slingshot to down Goliath.
Tools are not forbidden against opponents coming at you with explicit threats to end you.

Last edited:

MrPles4nt

Dec 25, 2022
Lot of games benefit from the ability to change your name because they're weaker story-telling wise and so name changes help with immersion.

If your story and characters are good enough, then name changes aren't necessary. If people wanna mod more power to em, but I like the fact that this game has a strong MC and doing that unlocks more stuff you can do visually so keep doing you (y)

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
Finished playing for the first time and ending up really loving this. Love what potential the combat and investigation segments will bring. I don't entirely mind the puzzles requiring outside knowledge or searching online, but I do think they would be much more interesting if clues could be found from just playing the game. Not entirely surprised there has been an uproar about the name, don't know if there is significance to the name "Caleb" itself, but there clearly is significance to there being only a single name. Maybe I am missing background knowledge since I am not familiar with a lot of the influences and while I appreciate not getting infodumped with stuff, would've liked some clear explanation about how magic works and some of the factions.
You are correct, it's not the specific name that's important. I chose Caleb because the character model reminded me of this guy:

For real, Caleb:
Use your sword, brah, now is not the time to pull your punches.
Tools are not forbidden against opponents coming at you with explicit threats to end you.

Sep 3, 2020
You are correct, it's not the specific name that's important. I chose Caleb because the character model reminded me of this guy:

and besides I don't want to hurt Swansong I love her

what kind of man lays his hands on his future baby mama

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Bro, you need to proove yourself before your mate thinks of you more than a tool.
She beats MC up after she tells him she will kill him.
Do you really fancy being the victim of such abusive relationship?

Remember, MC was asked to not bother her while draining the roomie of the monster girl.

Think of it this way: you showed up and told your baby mama she cannot eat your friend.
She really needs to eat your friend for the baby growing inside her,
so she literally tells you she will kill you and comes at you intent on killing you.

what kind of man
You wanna be with a monster, only way to do that is if you
become a monster and let her eat your friends.

Will ya?

Sep 3, 2020
Bro, you need to proove yourself before your mate thinks of you more than a tool.
She beats MC up after she tells him she will kill him.
Do you really fancy being the victim of such abusive relationship?
my brother3 words step on me Mommy

you see an abusive relationship I see long nail scratches down my back and passionate lovemaking

every relationship has a minor obstacles to overcome

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
The fight with Swansong. The same question arises with any fight, whether in real life or in fantasy such as this; what's the victory condition?

Let me give you an example from my own life. A fight in the street where the friends of the guy who'd picked the fight with me were surrounding us to make sure I didn't win. I wasn't going to be able to take on another three or four guys if I did manage to beat my antagonist. So, my victory condition was to not get the crap kicked out of me. Instead, I wrestled my opponent until I got an opening to bolt. He was getting frustrated, but they weren't joining in. Then I got my opening. He got his faced bounced off of the cobblestones, which also gave me a momentary distraction, and I was off and running before the others had time to react. I got around a corner, out of sight and went straight over someone's garden wall and lay there until the pursuit had gone away. Not particularly heroic, but my victory condition had been met.

Like me, Caleb can't win the fight ands knows it. Swansong is a vampire and much stronger than he is. So, he simply holds on. Until, in his case, backup arrives. The character is a thinker, and I like that the unrealistic Hollywood approach hasn't been taken.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Holy. FUCK.
I wan't expecting anything like this when I started playing this game. I love it all.

I don't mind MC's name and during the investigation scene when there's written Caleb all around him it gave me goosebumps.
Liked the puzzles, I actually stopped and googled the masonry codes. It enhanced the experience, I loved it.

Maybe consider showing a flashback when MC recognizes Silver because I couldn't remember her for the life of me. I thought she was Marie with a wig until the following scene lol.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Holy. FUCK.
I wan't expecting anything like this when I started playing this game. I love it all.

I don't mind MC's name and during the investigation scene when there's written Caleb all around him it gave me goosebumps.
Liked the puzzles, I actually stopped and googled the masonry codes. It enhanced the experience, I loved it.

Maybe consider showing a flashback when MC recognizes Silver because I couldn't remember her for the life of me. I thought she was Marie with a wig until the following scene lol.
If my memory serves me right, regarding Silver, Caleb first met her on day 1 during the bus ride going to the academy, Silver even reminded Caleb about his stop.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
If my memory serves me right, regarding Silver, Caleb first met her on day 1 during the bus ride going to the academy, Silver even reminded Caleb about his stop.
Yes I realized it in the following scene when MC told it to his pal.
But during the scene, when he recognize her, I had no clue. I think showing a previous render of her on the bus ride

4.80 star(s) 65 Votes