Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I mean...yopu make corpses move around. Around most cultures, corpses are a huge taboo.

There is some ways that necromancy could be not evil, like with the consent of the person before their death, but...yeah, having corpses walking around is a hard sell.
I always liked the idea of using it as an investigative tool for murder cases.
Cute zombie girls are also a pretty good argument, need that zombussy in my life.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I mean...yopu make corpses move around. Around most cultures, corpses are a huge taboo.

There is some ways that necromancy could be not evil, like with the consent of the person before their death, but...yeah, having corpses walking around is a hard sell.
Some lores have healing magic under necromancy as healing deals pretty intimately with death. I think that's a neat approach, personally.

I think necromancy is really only evil where it disregards consent... If I consent for you to put my spirit back in this body, we're golden... As long as you didn't acquire the body nefariously... But if I didn't consent then we have issues.

Last edited:

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Some lores have healing magic under necromancy as healing deals pretty intimately with death. I think that's a neat approach, personally.

I think necromancy is really only evil where it disregards consent... If I consent for you to put my spirit back in this body, we're golden... As long as you didn't aquire the body nefariously... But if I didn't consent then we have issues.
i also remember a other naritive where Necromancy was strictly regulated but the people who practices that school of magic did stuff like : reanimate murder victims for testamony and/or indentifying suspects plus allowing family to say last goodbyes.

Last edited:

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
I mean, not my kink but you do you. :p

In all seriousness though, i do like that in some settings necromancy, while considered by more puritan factions of light, to be evil, is actually quite neutral on the alignment. Hell it's one of the things i like in Diablo lore even though i've stopped caring for the games years ago, necromancers as an order are the only faction in game lore that have managed to resist the influence of angels or demons. And are actually there to protect the world from breach of either side. Or in Grim Dawn where necromancers are also there to work to defend the world and the living.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019

I mean, if it's just making the dead walk around and do stuff is not that bad on itself, especially if it doesn't really necessarily involve the soul of the original owner of the body. It would pretty much be fantasy version of rudimentary robots then. :p

4.40 star(s) 57 Votes