Unreal Engine VR Project Slim [v2023-05-12] [Meakrob]

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Acebuddy

May 25, 2018
Actually this game is probably dead.

Developer made a post, then deleted it, then reposted it, and deleted it.. some crap about capitalism, discrimination, income, and ebikes. I dropped my sub after reading it the first time, he made it sound like he's done developing. So we're right back to where we left off, what.. two years ago? A half baked tech demo that will never be finished.
Nah the posts are still there on his subscribestar. Very bizarre ranting. Honestly feel sorry for the bloke, clearly going through a bad time in multiple ways. But yeah game probably dead.

iloveredheads

Mar 10, 2020
He made a gofundme with the text mentioned above, and i just cant go through all that he wrote, what the hell is he talking about? Is this guy just plain paranoid? Or just too blind in some kind of conspiracy theory?

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
He made a gofundme with the text mentioned above, and i just cant go through all that he wrote, what the hell is he talking about? Is this guy just plain paranoid? Or just too blind in some kind of conspiracy theory?
The guy rambles like someone who never recovered from a bad acid trip. Some of the stuff in that post is fairly relevant. But it's also incredibly one sided and subjective. He goes deep into a bunch of nonsense. Parallels the US to Nazi Germany and whatnot. Dropped my support almost immediately when this first started. He's got a really unique style, it's sad to see him bait and switch his supporters.

ZeroDivision

Jan 2, 2021
The guy rambles like someone who never recovered from a bad acid trip. Some of the stuff in that post is fairly relevant. But it's also incredibly one sided and subjective. He goes deep into a bunch of nonsense. Parallels the US to Nazi Germany and whatnot. Dropped my support almost immediately when this first started. He's got a really unique style, it's sad to see him bait and switch his supporters.
New post (similar content) on their Itch.io page (as of 19 hours ago). Poor soul, game was looking really good up until this hard 90 degree into left field. As of Nov 2022 now it’s about “small cities that you explore as a mouse character on the shoulder of a character who has a beautiful horse that you can ride through the desert”? Definitely a dead game now. Shame.

Attached screenshot of the page in case it gets deleted (as is so far in character).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: kjj308 and dot7z

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
So uh, are we not gonna talk about the devs' sudden shift into posting about how much they hate white people and America? I don't live in the US but holy shit, that's some of the most hate-filled vitriol I've ever read. Granted that might only be because I avoid Twitter like the plague.
You should read the posts above yours. It's being discussed. He is clearly off the deep end and has some personal issues he is going through since he is basically saying he will blow his head off too.

Pitit1

Oct 15, 2017
It's a shame. The developer clearly has seen some deep trouble and it's driving them insane. I feel sorry for them, even if the stuff they say isn't excusable in my opinion...

iloveredheads

Mar 10, 2020
he uploaded the animation thingy for free, nohing special, but he is just plain racist now, white man this, white man that, i had enough of this guy

Reactions: kjj308

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
View attachment 2558908

Don't care how upset you are with the machine and the system, this is not a good thing to say publicly.
This is the type of shit that gets you on a list.

And yeah, we can mark this game as abandoned.
I'd much prefer he say it publicly. #1. Free speech absolutist. Best way to battle bad ideas is to first expose them. #2. Fuck that guy. I hope he's fucked his own future up for good. :KEK:

.Sirene

Jul 24, 2022
View attachment 2558908

Don't care how upset you are with the machine and the system, this is not a good thing to say publicly.
This is the type of shit that gets you on a list.

And yeah, we can mark this game as abandoned.
Incredible to me is that the developer says that he learned to read and write during the pandemic, meaning, he knew how to develop in UE without even being able to comprehend the words of the tools he was using. What an amazing feat. Oh wait, no. He's talking shit. Nevermind.

Also, he's unhinged.

Dec 25, 2021
I can play an 8k, 120 HZ VR game with just the Q2! how on earth was this optimized? did you load the whole EU library when you're using only 0.0001 % of its content or what?!:unsure:

Lillyae

May 4, 2017
what even is this ? I open it up and it just loads assets and no button really does anything apart from moving around and left click sometimes switching char.

Reactions: fuzzyadmiral
Nov 10, 2021
Incredible to me is that the developer says that he learned to read and write during the pandemic, meaning, he knew how to develop in UE without even being able to comprehend the words of the tools he was using. What an amazing feat. Oh wait, no. He's talking shit. Nevermind.

Also, he's unhinged.
why don't you explain what he said?

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes