HILYTM

Jul 23, 2024
View attachment 3017784

Overview:
Zero(0) End is a story-driven adult visual novel with interactive fiction mechanics,
like a stat progression system, a type of class system, and a branching narrative.
Additional combat and puzzle solving mechanics intended for future releases.

You play as the unconventional magician Caleb Watson,
a man with an uncontrollable desire to get to the truth, no matter the cost.
But will you be able to pay that cost when the time comes?

Zero End is a paranormal mystery inspired by things like Hellblazer,
World of Darkness, Divi-Dead, Creepypasta, and grimoire magic among others.​

Thread Updated: 2024-06-08
Release Date: 2024-05-31
Developer: StolenRose - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.2.4d
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:
DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN
Mac: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Extra: Fan Signatures -
Gallery* - Walkthrough - Chinese Translation*

* This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 2178560 View attachment 2178562 View attachment 2178549 View attachment 2178563 View attachment 2178551 View attachment 2178564 View attachment 2178567 View attachment 2178553 View attachment 2178568 View attachment 2178554 View attachment 2178555 View attachment 2178556 View attachment 2178566 View attachment 2178557 View attachment 2178569 View attachment 2178558 View attachment 2178561 View attachment 2178565
Is this the final version?if not,what's the final ending or proper ending is it?

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Dev Log 22-Jul-2024

Hello!
It's been a while. Sorry for the late update. There were some things happening in my personal life and it was pretty difficult to get some cognitive energy together. Things have settled down now, though, so I'm back.
I've been writing and making renders as much as I could. The first few scenes are written and the first one is covered by renders and it's looking pretty good (preview incoming). As this release is a bit non-standard, I need to get into an exploration segment before I continue writing. Fortunately, there's enough to render that I can finish that next week and start writing again.
Looking at the outline, this is going to be a very interesting release. I'll do my best to keep the exploration unobtrusive.
Anyway, hope you're doing well!
--SR

Content preview #55

We were younger then...
View attachment 3857458

Keira -- a moment when we're happy

Small change of haircut. What do you think?
View attachment 3857460
Kiera new style looks nice.
Seems like Marie was sweet when she was younger but her obsession about magic drove her to the dark side

-Dreamer-

Jun 1, 2017
Normal people: restarting the game so they can save Brianna
Me: restarting Rayne save so Brianna ends up jumping (she didn't jump at first because on day 3 I went with Alice like a normal person) because I feel Caleb needs that talk with Rayne after it happens
I guess I'm not normal. I'm not restarting the game, I want to see where my choices lead.
I didn't save Brianna, it was her choice and it wasn't Caleb's fault.
All the choices that she made before, brought her to the expected end.
And the fact that she wanted to blame Caleb for her mistakes, only shows that even at the end of her life, she didn't realize that she herself had laid the path to that roof.

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022

Hello!
I'm back with updates again. For some reason, I've been having massive issues with writing and I have no idea what could be going wrong. I managed to get some done yesterday, but there's still something that isn't clicking. I'm sure it will, eventually, and when it does I'll probably get a lot done, but I'm struggling with it for now. To be fair, though, it's a very complex release (writing-wise). So, instead of writing, I focused on getting the exploration working, designing the maps, renders and animations. Speaking of animations, this release is very likely to have a lot of them. I'd like to start using them a lot more just for creating atmosphere and stuff.
Next up: I'll try to keep going as I am now, finish the exploration segment and maybe write another scene if I can. I don't wanna force it if it doesn't feel right, but I also need to push myself a bit to get out of the writer's block. There needs to be a good balance of doing a little, but not despairing over it.
Anyway, hope you're having a wonderful day!
--SR

I hear a lot of people like her, so here she is: Lilith, the lone rose in a garden of thorns
1722808399617.png

I really need to make that "Swansong in strange locations" collage
1722808437981.png

rafaaa

Apr 8, 2022
Does the game will have a lot of choices and does the choices will matter for the game or its a linear path? How many girls the game will have? how many chapters will the game have?
Stolen_rose

camube

Jun 4, 2022
can i ask how many hours of playtime for this latest update?

i want to play it this weekend, i have saves at the end of Day 3

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
Does the game will have a lot of choices and does the choices will matter for the game or its a linear path? How many girls the game will have? how many chapters will the game have?
Stolen_rose
There's story branching, some early endings, but it depends what you consider to be a lot. I do think there's a lot of choices and consequences, but that might be because I have to write them all.
I can't really give a definitive answer to the # of girls question because it depends on which are counted. I can say >4.
4 chapters.

can i ask how many hours of playtime for this latest update?

i want to play it this weekend, i have saves at the end of Day 3
No idea. By volume of content it's somewhere around Day 1 + Day 2

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC gets to develop a relationship with some girls before they bang.
If you wanna loose the hot scenes you can do that.
romance in this game
MC acts like a very unlikable nihilistic antihero all the time. His whole first half of the game is him trying and failing to give anyone so much of a whiff about himself or his powers.

When you think about it like that - him not putting in any effort into anything or anyone - it is hard to tell if things for him are anything more than casual sex where the girls just fall head first into him.

its all casual sex
The fact of the matter is - in many series or movies, sex predates relationship, as it desintegrates any barrier between the guy and the girl - he has seen her naked, she has to - they are very uninhibited because of it and they can start talking after they made out like they do on the Dyscovery Channel.

I didn't save Brianna, it was her choice and it wasn't Caleb's fault.
Caleb is totally to blame in this. He was supposed to try a diferent avenue for his powers and went into this full knwing he would have to use his powers - he is adept in exorcising courses - you know - the thing that all the Bleach protagonist characters are doing and all the protagonists in the Jujutsu Kaisen are doing. Yet, he does absolutely nothing. Like, what is he even here for? Fodder for the others?

That is his speciality and someone going speciffically to him with a straight up binding curse where MC is powerless even if he goes to her flat, full knowing she is cursed - she told him countless times it was the whole point of her approaching him - to give him the rush of exorcising yer another curse like he did in his fun times with magik - yet MC acts as a total noob and does literally nothing but get himself ragdolled by the curse. Not to mention he never goes back to meditation after he tries it in the open with the curses all around - so how on earth is he suppsod to hone his skills if he is running away from evey manner of effectively doing it for his own good ???

I think Lilith is far from Caleb's ally.
Lilith is the actual mother of all - you would be wise to heed ever raising even a thought against the literal source of love, beauty and care in this world.

Last edited:
Reactions: NukaCola

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
MC gets to develop a relationship with some girls before they bang.
If you wanna loose the hot scenes you can do that.

MC acts like a very unlikable nihilistic antihero all the time. His whole first half of the game is him trying and failing to give anyone so much of a whiff about himself or his powers.

When you think about it like that - him not putting in any effort into anything or anyone - it is hard to tell if things for him are anything more than casual sex where the girls just fall head first into him.

The fact of the matter is - in many series or movies, sex predates relationship, as it desintegrates any barrier between the guy and the girl - he has seen her naked, she has to - they are very uninhibited because of it and they can start talking after they made out like they do on the Dyscovery Channel.

Caleb is totally to blame in this. He was supposed to try a diferent avenue for his powers and went into this full knwing he would have to use his powers - he is adept in exorcising courses - you know - the thing that all the Bleach protagonist characters are doing and all the protagonists in the Jujutsu Kaisen are doing. Yet, he does absolutely nothing. Like, what is he even here for? Fodder for the others?

That is his speciality and someone going speciffically to him with a straight up binding curse where MC is powerless even if he goes to her flat, full knowing she is cursed - she told him countless times it was the whole point of her approaching him - to give him the rush of exorcising yer another curse like he did in his fun times with magik - yet MC acts as a total noob and does literally nothing but get himself ragdolled by the curse. Not to mention he never goes back to meditation after he tries it in the open with the curses all around - so how on earth is he suppsod to hone his skills if he is running away from evey manner of effectively doing it for his own good ???

Lilith is the actual mother of all - you would be wise to heed ever raising even a thought against the literal source of love, beauty and care in this world.
Thanks for answering but I'm still confused. So is it a yes or no?

• Haha
Reactions: AlexMpog

-Dreamer-

Jun 1, 2017

He can do whatever he wants with his powers, he may not even use them, they are his powers after all.
You blame him for the mistakes of Brianna, who allowed herself to be taken advantage of in order to be accepted into a social circle where she continued to be taken advantage of, and in order not to fall out of this circle, she herself began to take advantage of others.
Caleb is not a savior, not a knight in shining armor, he is not a superhero with a duty to save the innocent. He's just a guy with a huge depression who happens to have a lot of power. It's only in comic books that with great power comes great responsibility, in real life, with great power comes more opportunities to realize it, and if he didn't want to do it, it was his choice.
If we take Caleb out of the picture, Brianna would continue to let others take advantage of her, and she would continue to take advantage of others as she has done in the past. Why? Because she has the power and it is her own choice.

So in my opinion, what happened to her is a natural ending to which she should have been prepared, and she was to some extent. Only instead of accepting that it was her choices that led her to this, at the end of her life she remained a girl who is used by everyone and who does not take responsibility for her actions.

But this is only my opinion and my vision of the situation, everyone has the right to interpret the situation in their own way, and this is normal.

Everybody to his own opinion.
The story is not over yet, so we will see what her motives are.

Reactions: larry69

c.mork

Nov 3, 2022

Hello!
Bad news first, writing is still incredibly difficult. I've made progress and the quality of it is on point, but something just isn't clicking with me. Now, the good news is that there were a lot of stuff that needed to be done that weren't writing anyway, so I've been doing that. The exploration segment is completely finished and I managed to implement a minimap feature as well, which should make navigation a lot simpler. The map is also designed to be a lot more intuitive. So vast improvements on that front. The images are done for that as well. Apart from that, I've spent time settling on outfits for the ball and creating the location. There's still some work that needs to be done there, but a lot of the next release will be tied to that event, so I really want to get it right.
Next, I want to finish up with the ball location and outfits for the remaining characters and, hopefully, actually manage to get a larger quantity of text written.
Hope you're having a wonderful day!
--SR

Normally, I drop characters, but I thought it might be interesting to see a new location this time.
1724003261292.png

New minor character just dropped
1724003291125.png

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Hello!
Bad news first, writing is still incredibly difficult. I've made progress and the quality of it is on point, but something just isn't clicking with me. Now, the good news is that there were a lot of stuff that needed to be done that weren't writing anyway, so I've been doing that. The exploration segment is completely finished and I managed to implement a minimap feature as well, which should make navigation a lot simpler. The map is also designed to be a lot more intuitive. So vast improvements on that front. The images are done for that as well. Apart from that, I've spent time settling on outfits for the ball and creating the location. There's still some work that needs to be done there, but a lot of the next release will be tied to that event, so I really want to get it right.
Next, I want to finish up with the ball location and outfits for the remaining characters and, hopefully, actually manage to get a larger quantity of text written.
Hope you're having a wonderful day!
--SR

Normally, I drop characters, but I thought it might be interesting to see a new location this time.
View attachment 3944718

New minor character just dropped
View attachment 3944719
She is using Freddy Krueger's shirt... Oh boy.:oops:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1724005299337.png
Conjure your inner NEo!
innerNEo.gif
Fight Beetlejuicinda - the smols devilish babe ...

1724005416692.png

sure thing she will shove you hard into some wall and you might hook up with her later.
fite.gif

Game oN!

4.80 star(s) 65 Votes